Monday, April 30, 2012

Gino Rea First Grand Prix Point

Gino Rea Jerez 2012


Gino Rea picked up his first Grand Prix point today after finishing fifteenth in a Moto2 race of attrition at Jerez. It was an important confidence boost to the British rider following a difficult start to the season and he will get an opportunity to build on it in just seven days time when the Portuguese Grand Prix takes place at Estoril.

Gino Rea
“The race has been the highlight of a tough weekend. I got a good start, I was up to thirteenth and I tried to hang in there as long as I could. Once the fuel load went down I struggled to keep my pace up and had a couple of moments where I almost crashed, like a lot of riders out there. It was a shame they stopped the race when they did actually because I'd just passed Iannone when they showed the red flag so that dropped me back a position. This race was a test for us to try some settings with the new bike and the good thing is that despite limited track time over the course of the weekend we can look back on it now and see that we have made progress. We only have a couple of days until the next round and I am glad because I can't wait to get back out on track.”

Fausto Gresini 
“It isn't a brilliant result for us but it was important to get points on the board and we have taken a step forward from Qatar. It is pretty obvious that all the Moriwaki riders are having problems. This kind of result is not what we are aiming for but we have a week until the next race and a lot of hard work ahead to improve our situation.”

Honda Gresini Moto2 Press Release

Related Post