Monday, April 9, 2012

Karel Abraham retired from Qatar MotoGP race due to technical problems

Karel Abraham Losail 2012


Karel Abraham retired from first MotoGP race at Losail Circuit in Qatar. Riding on eleventh position between Hector Barbera and Valentino Rossi, Abraham´s Ducati started to have serious problems with braking. In next lap, due to this fault Abraham leave the track. After this accident Abraham returned to track, but after two laps entered pits and retired.

Karel Abraham
“I´m really sorry about this, we lost points because of technical inconvenience. We don´t know yet, where is the problem, but sometimes my front brake didn´t work at all. This race wasn´t bad, I lost on start, but I stayed in contact with Rossi and Hayden. Problems started in second lap, I push the brake lever and the power of braking was weak. In next lap the brake failed and I must leave the track. I tried to change the setting of brake lever, but it didn´t help, so I decided to enter pits and retire. It´s better than risk a crash and injury. I´m very disappointed, I believe, that I can finish the race around 6th position.”

Marco Grana, Cardion AB Motoracing chief mechanic 
„Karel had serious problem with front brake. We don´t find the problem yet, because now everything is ok, when the bike is in the box. Now we send everything to Brembo – the brake, the pump. We see this problem on telemetry, it´s very strange problem, and I must admitt, that we´re lost. It´s pity, we should fight for top six, if everything worked fine.”

Cardion AB Press Release

Related Post