Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Scott Redding Back on Podium after 2010

Scott Redding Le Mans 2012

The Marc VDS's Scott Redding is back on podium after his long last podium at Phillip Island 2010. Redding made an impressive weekend on Le Mans circuit. 

Scott Redding made a very good start from 2nd row, and got his top three until lap 12. Early on lap 13, Redding was down to 4th. Lucky for Redding, Johann Zarco (2nd place) was crashed, and Redding goes 3rd.

Redding said, “I am really happy because it feels like a long time since I was on the podium and this is a great result for me and the Marc VDS Team. We have been threatening to get a result like this all season and it feels great because last year was a bit of a disaster and we made a big gamble to change the chassis to Kalex."

He continue, "Right from the start of testing it made a big difference to my confidence. Apart from the result, the positive is that I felt confident in the rain. I had a great feeling with the bike and to be on the podium in the rain is a special feeling. It was tough at the start because each time I touched the throttle I’d lose the rear, so I just calmed down and tried to be smooth and attacked when I felt comfortable. Once I got back into third I just kept my concentration because it was easy to make a mistake and now we can move forward with a lot of confidence that I’m competitive in both wet and dry.”

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here

Related Post