Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bradl Takes an Incredible Fourth at Hard Fought Mugello GP

Stefan Bradl Mugello 2012

Stefan Bradl and his Team enjoyed a special weekend at Mugello circuit thanks to the excellent 23-lap race conducted by the German rookie on his RC213V who put in an impressive performance today nearly climbing up the Italian podium. 

Bradl had shown his superb speed and progression earlier in the season when he powered his Honda machine into the fifth place at Le Mans and Sachsenring rounds. Coming to the Italian race track Bradl was confident of a good race as he is a big fan of the 5.245Km circuit and having increased his confidence in the front end in yesterday’s qualifying the German could fight for third place till 3 laps to go when Dovizioso passed him to get the podium on his home track. 

Stefan – 4th: “It’s a fantastic feeling for me and the whole Team. Doubtless a podium finish would have been simply perfect but I am extremely happy about this great result on this track. I think that our asset was perfect since the beginning of the race because in the last couple of races we struggled a bit too much with full fuel tank and could not feel the front tyre properly but here we made a different set up. It worked perfectly on this special layout but at the end of the race I missed a bit of front end feeling on braking. So I preferred to stay calm and Dovi passed me but after that I was trying to follow him and it was pretty easy for me. Then Hayden put in a brave move on me but he had not the best exit on the right corner and I could passed him again. Probably my manoeuvre looked a bit aggressive on TV but I think it was normal for a last lap. Being so close to the podium is fantastic and I feel happy for the team: they support me in the best way every weekend and especially Lucio. He is a hard worker and with this great result I want to give him something back”. 

LCR Honda Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Related Post