Monday, August 27, 2012

Karel Abraham ends bad luck streak - finishes ninth

Karel Abraham Brno 2012

Third “top ten” in a row, this time at a circuit where Karel Abraham has never had much success. That is the achievement of the Cardion AB Motoracing team at the bwin Grand Prix of the Czech Republic in Brno.

Karel Abraham
“Considering all those previous poor race performances in Brno, I’m by and large satisfied that I managed to finish the race and do so in a respectable position. On the other hand, I’m a bit disappointed because I know that my average lap time should have been better by as much as one second. I achieved these times in the qualifying session and I don't understand why I didn’t do the same in the race. It was not due to track conditions, because my opponents weren’t affected. I have mixed feelings about the bike: grip on the rear wheel was reasonably okay, but I was not entirely confident about the front wheel. I didn’t want to push my luck, because whenever I do so in Brno I end up walking away with nothing. Anyway, too bad I didn’t keep up with the group in front. I could’ve spent the race behind Valentino Rossi or even been battling with him for position.”

Marco Grana, Chief Mechanic, Cardion AB Motoracing
“There are two ways to look at this result. We’ve managed to complete this tough race, collect some points and made the top ten. The downside is that, based on Saturday’s qualifying session, we could have had much better lap times. Plus, Karel was overtaken by several riders right after the start; he spent a lot of time trying to overtake Elias – who had the same bike – thereby losing contact with the group in front. Nevertheless, it is our third top-ten result in a row, so feelings are generally positive. Now we have to prepare for the Misano race, which will require a lot of work on the bike.”

Cardion AB Ducati Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Related Post