Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rain disrupts qualifying session for Rossi and Kent

Danny Kent Le Mans Moto2 2013

The historic French circuit in Le Mans is well-known for its wet and quickly changing weather conditions which this afternoon hampered one more time the Moto2 rookies Danny Kent and Louis Rossi from putting convincing performances on track during the all-important home race for the French based Tech3 Racing Team.

Immediately after starting track time some rain drops began to fall, which forced the riders to push to their maximum from the earliest stages on, a situation which penalized the newcomers in the ultra-competitive Moto2 category.

Boost from the home crowd Louis Rossi managed to use the lack of experience on his Mistral 610 as extra motivation qualifying in twenty-first position on grid while his teammate Danny Kent will start tomorrow’s 26 lap race two rows behind the local French rider after Kent qualified 26th.

Today’s qualifying performances of both young talented riders do not demonstrate the real potential but both are hopefully for an aggressive start that will put them in a battle which of course will help to gain vital experience and bring home the first points of the season.

Louis Rossi 21st - 1'40.281 – 10 laps:
“Of course a seventh row on the grid is not what I would like wished to achieve in front of my friends and family around the track, but considering that we had another tough weekend I should not complain too much about the result. We made some modification before qualifying practice and even though I had just a few laps to evaluate it I felt  immediately more confident on the bike. Therefore I’m optimistic that I’ll be able to fight for my first top 15 finish of the season tomorrow.”

Danny Kent 26th - 1'40.613 – 11 laps:
“Honestly I’m quite disappointed with the result of today’s qualifying as we were taking steps forward during the whole weekend in terms of improving my confidence on the bike. But just a few rain drops were enough to put me back to my initial position as I really wanted to avoid crashing out. Even starting from the ninth row is far from ideal, I will get my head down trying to score the best possible result in front of the French fans. Maybe the uncertain weather condition and the predicted rain will help me a little bit. My main aim is to focus on a good start and be immediately fast during the opening laps of the race as that seem to be the part where we are losing most of our time.”

Tech 3 Racing Press Release
You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Related Post