Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bautista Wants to Repeat Last Year Memory at Silverstone

Alvaro Bautista MotOGP Brno 2013

Team GO & FUN Honda Gresini head to the third race in as many weekends at Silverstone in the UK this weekend with confidence high after another excellent performance from Alvaro Bautista at Brno. The Spanish rider missed out on fourth place by just 0.077 seconds after a race-long battle with Valentino Rossi, again enjoying an excellent feeling with the Honda RC213V that has allowed him to challenge at the front since the Laguna Seca race before the summer break. Hopes are high for another positive Grand Prix this weekend at a circuit where Bautista set a memorable pole position last season. Bryan Staring heads to another circuit he knows hoping it can help him raise his game after another difficult weekend in the Czech Republic.

Alvaro Bautista
“I am feeling very happy after such a positive weekend at Brno. We managed to do a good job and overcome the problems we found on Friday. On Saturday we took a big step forward and qualified on the front row in second place and then in Sunday I was able to pick my race pace up from practice. Overall it was a positive weekend and my feeling with the bike improved a lot, which gives me and the team confidence going to the next race. We have good memories of Silverstone from last season when I set my first ever pole position in MotoGP and had a good race. It is a track I like a lot and now we have to make the most f the good form we have hit since Laguna Seca. Silverstone is a long and fast track which I enjoy riding but we need to find a set-up quickly because you never know what the weather will be like. It can turn cold and rainy very quickly so we need to make the most of every session. ”

Bryan Staring 
“I went to Brno feeling confident because I already knew the track but it was a difficult weekend for us. We had chatter problems that made life very difficult although luckily we improved the situation for the race. Unfortunately the tyres dropped off at the end and I couldn't keep my pace up but now we head to another track I know at Silverstone and hopefully we don't have the same problems. I am determined to show my true potential, which has not been reflected in recent results.”

Go & Fun HOnda Gresini Press Release

Related Post