Saturday, September 28, 2013

Yonny Hernandez misses out on Q2 by three-tenths of a second

Yonny Hernandez MotoGP Aragon 2013

Yonny Hernandez will start tomorrow’s race from row 5 of the grid, a position he conquered at the end of Q1 today. The second day of action at the MotorLand Aragon circuit in Spain saw the Colombian rider set a best time of 1’50.685, which meant that he just missed out on entering the Q2 session by three-tenths of a second.

Damp track conditions at the circuit following overnight rain led most of the premier class riders to delay their entry onto the track for this morning’s third free practice session, valid for the line-up for Aragon GP qualifying in the afternoon. Luckily a gradual improvement of the track conditions allowed the afternoon sessions to go ahead as normal.

Yonny Hernandez – Ignite Pramac Racing Team
“I’m pleased with how the day went. I feel better every time I go out on the track, as the feeling keeps improving. Now I have to understand the tyres, as I still don’t know where the limit is. Tomorrow is still an unknown; I don’t have a real goal apart from finding the right rhythm, finishing the race and understanding how the bike and tyres behave. So far, I still haven’t done more than 17 or 18 laps at a time, but there will be 23 tomorrow. I feel good physically, and I’m happy with the work the team and I are doing together. I’ll try my best tomorrow.”

Pramac Racing Team Press Release
You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Related Post