Thursday, October 17, 2013

Stefan Bradl Declared Fit for FP1 Phillip Island

Stefan Bradl MotoGP Sepang 2013

LCR Honda racer Stefan Bradl has been declared fit for tomorrow’s first practice at the Phillip Island circuit following today’s medical checks carried out by Dr. Brent May Chief Medical Officer of the Australian circuit and Michele Macchiagodena (FIM Medical Director). The German currently holding the 7th place in the world standing, missed the last race at Sepang following the accident occurred in Satruday’s final practice when the 23-year-old suffered the transversal fracture of the right malleolus. After the successful surgery had at the Kuala Lumpur Sports Medicine Centre last Saturday, Bradl commenced his recovery program constantly followed by the Clinica Mobile staff.

Stefan Bradl: 
“I am happy to be declared fit from the doctor side but for me it’s important to try the bike and see what’s going on… I still do not know if it’s painful or not. Secondly we will see how fast I can ride and, if I pass the second medical check tomorrow after the first practice, I am pretty sure that I won’t be capable to fight for the top five on Sunday. We will try to find the right balance to get an acceptable rhythm; we are lucky because this circuit has not so many right corners and this is positive but the first right corner is more than 200km/h so it won’t be easy anyway. I want to express my sincere thanks to the guys from the Clinica Mobile because they helped me a lot in the last days”.

LCR Honda Press Release



Related Post