Monday, April 28, 2014

Go&Fun Honda Gresini Review Argentina MotoGP Race

Alvaro Bautista was involved in a crash on the first lap during today’s Grand Prix of Argentina: started from tenth on the grid aboard the Team GO&FUN Honda Gresini RC213V, the Spaniard crashed at Turn 5 after a contact with the rear wheel of Aleix Espargarò’s bike.

Bautista therefore leaves Argentina with zero points in the standings, as a result of three retirements in as many races: the hope of the team is to reverse the negative trend already this weekend in the first European Grand Prix of the season at Jerez.

His team mate, Scott Redding, hoped to be able to confirm himself today as the fastest rider aboard the Open Class Honda RCV1000R after showing good potential during practice, but could not get a better result than 14th place, slowed by a lack of feeling with the front tyre under braking.

Alvaro Bautista (DNF)
“I really don’t know what to say, I am very sorry. It's a shame, because today I had a good feeling ahead of the race. The only thing we can do now is continue to work hard, as always. We hope to reverse the trend the next weekend in Jerez”.

Scott Redding (14th)
“It’s been a difficult race, because I couldn’t stop the bike as I was struggling a lot with front grip under braking. I already had a little bit this problem this morning during the warm up, but the situation in the race was worst: I went wide a lot of times and I couldn’t really overtake anyone. This problem basically spoiled my whole race: I lost half a second on my pace compared to this morning warm up, so I’m disappointed. Also, I was not feeling really great physically: yesterday I started to feel something like a cold, with a lot of sneezing, and today my energy level came down. It’s annoying, because we thought we had a good chance today”.

Go&Fun Honda Gresini Press Release

Related Post