Monday, April 28, 2014

Tech 3 Racing Review Argentina MotoGP Race

Marcel Schrotter produced a sterling display to finish just outside the top ten, in 11th position at the Autodromo Termas de Rio Hondo in Northern Argentina, for the first ever Moto2 round at the track.

The German rider had a good start, keeping his 12th place on the starting grid in the first sector, but then dropped back to 20th position after contact with another rider during the opening lap. However, Schrotter remained focused and rode with grit, and began ascending up the field with a rapid and consistent pace during the following laps at the sun soaked Argentinian circuit. He moved up to 13th place before becoming involved in an exhilarating battle for 8th with six additional riders midway through the race. The Moto2 rider remained with the ferocious pack, until crossing the finish line in a hard fought ride to 11th in what was another encouraging performance by the 21 year old German and the Tech3 Racing Team at the new South American round.

Marcel Schrotter produced a sterling display to finish just outside the top ten, in 11th position at the Autodromo Termas de Rio Hondo in Northern Argentina, for the first ever Moto2 round at the track. 

Ricky Cardus’ hopes of scoring his third set of consistent points for the Tech3 Racing Team, as he replaces Alex Mariñelarena during his recovery process, came to a bitter end when he unfortunately fell during the second lap in today’s Moto2 race in Argentina. Having qualified in 18th, the Spanish rider once again undertook a solid start and moved up to 16th position in the first lap before crashing out uninjured, in what was a disappointing end to an otherwise positive weekend at the new 4.803 metre Circuito Termas de Rio Hondo.

Marcel Schrotter - Race : 11th - Championship : 14th - 12 Points :
“I am quite happy with the result, even if I wanted to finish the race inside the top ten. The beginning of the race was tough as it always is in Moto2. Every rider is really competitive, and even if I try to be aggressive, and brake as late as possible and protect my lines, there are still riders attempting to get past. It’s difficult to stay out of the danger with the overtaking and after contact with another rider I lost numerous positions. But once everything had calmed down, passing was still not easy because of everybody being in the slipstream on the long straight, so we got to the corner a lot faster. Also there was no wind today and I had to modify all my braking points. Many riders made lots of mistakes, so I just tried to remain calm and get my rhythm, without losing the group and tried to come back. In the end, the race was not too bad, and the lap times were quite good so I am pleased to score another points finish. We need to work on the start and the first few laps. If we can improve there and keep our positions then I think we will have a better result in Jerez. “

Ricky Cardus - Race : DNF - Championship : 15th - 10 Points :
“I am disappointed with my performance today. I felt a little nervous and I was too keen to move up the field as quickly as I did. Starting at the rear of the field is never easy, and I tried my best to solve this by overtaking, but I pushed too hard and crashed out on lap two losing the rear of the bike. It was my own fault, I just wanted too much too quickly and I am sorry for the Tech3 Racing Team, because the aim was to be competitive for the whole weekend, and to continue like I did in free practice. Of course, I remain optimistic and look forward to racing at Jerez, where I am certain I will be able to get a good, points scoring result.”

Tech 3 Racing Press Release

Related Post