Sunday, May 4, 2014

Go&Fun Honda Gresini Review Jerez MotoGP Day 2

Team GO&FUN Honda Gresini’s Alvaro Bautista and Scott Redding will start respectively from the tenth and eighteenth place on the grid of tomorrow’s Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez de la Frontera.

In a very hot and sunny day, Alvaro Bautista was able to enter the QP2, which decides the first 12 positions on the grid, setting the second fastest time during Qualifying 1 with 1’39”595; then the Spaniard failed to improve his time in the decisive session, eventually closing it in tenth place with a fastest lap time of 1’39”751. Alvaro complained about a lack of front grip in corner entry together with a strong rear wheel spin under acceleration: tomorrow, during the warm up, the team will try some big changes to the RC213V set -up ahead of the race, looking for an improvement .

His team mate Scott Redding, author of a harmless crash, finished QP1 in eighth place with a time of 1’40”453, therefore tomorrow he will line up his bike on the sixth row.

Alvaro Bautista (10th - 1'39"751)
“Unfortunately the situation has not changed compared to yesterday: we tried several different settings, without finding a solution. I have no front grip into the corner, then when I open the throttle the rear wheel starts immediately to spin and therefore I lose a lot of time. Too bad, I was hoping for a better weekend, but this is the reality at the moment. Tomorrow will be a very tough race, especially for me, that I am not comfortable on the bike; our goal, however, doesn’t change: we want to cross the finish line and collect some points. Perhaps tomorrow morning, during the warm up, we could try a last set-up modification, in an effort to improve, although actually all the work carried out so far have not had any effect. Unfortunately we can’t go beyond a certain limit”.

Scott Redding (18th - 1'40"453)
“There is still much work to do if we want to find more grip: I have no traction and I struggled a lot today, so tonight we will analyze all the data with the team in an attempt to improve. I also had a small crash in qualifying: I was under braking, and as soon as I released the brakes I lost the front. The bike was more or less okay and I managed to bring it back to the pits, then I set my best lap time, but we have to work hard if we want to catch the group of riders in front of us. Since the beginning of the weekend unfortunately the situation has remained the same, with the exception of the braking, which is improved; at the rear, however, there is too much spinning at the moment”.

Go&Fun Honda Gresini Press Release

Related Post