Thursday, May 1, 2014

Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Preview Jerez MotoGP

The Monster Yamaha Tech3 Team jet straight from Argentina to Andalucía, southern Spain for round 4 of the 2014 MotoGP World Championship at the Circuito de Jerez De La Frontera.
With not even a week separating the two Grand Prix events, Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaro will be once again back on track at the 4423 metre clockwise circuit, which is rich in motorsport history. Both Tech3 riders have had previous success here during the past years, as they seek to continue their positive work done so far this season with the French MotoGP team.

Bradley Smith intends to raise the bar this weekend as the series begins its European run of events. After another pleasing finish, the British rider’s optimism is high as he hopes to up the pace and assert himself as the leading satellite bike under the Andulacian sun.

Whilst, Spaniard Pol Espargaro will perform in front of his home country’s fans with the aim to put on a great show, as the 22 year old Catalan continues to gather pace and experience after a positive and notable beginning to his rookie campaign in the premier class.
 
Bradley Smith - #38:
“After what has been a great couple of weeks travelling from one continent to the next, it will be nice to get back to Europe, and to Jerez which is a circuit I, and the Yamaha favour. I scored my first Pole position here in 2008, and then won the race in 2009 in the 125 class, which are nice memories. For this year there’s a little work that needs to be undertaken on the bike, but I have full confidence that we will continue our steady improvements, and the team as well as Yamaha are doing a great job so far. However, the result from the last race was not where I would like to be, and I am determined to close the gap to the bikes in front of me, and who knows, possibly be in the hunt for a podium.”

Pol Espargaro - #44:
“It may seem like a bit of a squeeze, but I am really happy that I get to go back out on my Yamaha YZR-M1 MotoGP bike again in such a short space of time after the last race. I enjoy Jerez and I have had some great results here in the past, including my first World Championship win in 125cc, so this weekend I aim to please the fans, get a good qualifying, a great start and then see what happens. It will be really nice to race in my home country for the first time on a MotoGP bike, which will give me a boost and make me ride even harder. I can’t wait to get it started."

Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Press Release

Related Post