Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Moto2 Mugello Federal Oil Gresini Preview

The Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 is back on track this weekend for the sixth round of the Moto2 World Championship, the Italian Grand Prix at the picturesque Mugello circuit: after the fall during the first lap of the French Grand Prix, Xavier Siméon will aim to bring back his Suter in the top positions on a fast and flowing track, on which the Belgian rider has already proven to be extremely competitive.

The spirit is high even in the Team Gresini Moto2 garage: Lorenzo Baldassarri, in fact, is recovering well from the injury to his right foot and he will try to take advantage of the home Grand Prix for improving the 20th position obtained at Le Mans, trying to collect his first World Championship points.

Xavier Simeon
"We head to Mugello with a lot of motivation: the Le Mans crash will have no impact on my approach to the race weekend; we are even more focused and determined to work hard. I like the track a lot and last year I did a good race: I was in fourth position a few laps from the end, before a contact with De Angelis forced me to retire. On this circuit you need to be smooth, but also very precise on the various ‘esses’, places where you can earn a lot of time, but also lose it. We start from a good base with regard to the setting of the bike, so I am convinced that we can achieve a good result”.

Lorenzo Baldassarri 
“Now my right foot is looking good and the hematoma is almost entirely disappeared: I’m still doing therapy to be in the best physical condition ahead of the Mugello race, although obviously the fracture will take a bit of time to heal completely. At Le Mans I managed to race and I also completed the race, therefore I’m optimistic ahead of Mugello because I had time to recover my injury. I worked hard also to recover the right strenght in my right arm, because in France, apart from the right foot, the lack of strenght - following the shoulder injury of Jerez - annoyed me more than anything else. Mugello is one of my favourite tracks: last year, when I tried for the first time the Moto2 for a few laps, it was beautiful, so I'm looking forward to starting the first free practice on Friday”.

Federal Oil Gresini Press Release

Related Post