Thursday, May 15, 2014

MotoGP Le Mans Federal Oil Gresini Preview

The Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 and Xavier Siméon head this weekend to the historic Le Mans circuit, in France, to compete in the fifth round of the 2014 Moto2 World Championship. After the excellent second place finish in Argentina and the good comeback ended with the seventh position at Jerez de la Frontera, Siméon aims to claim another good result on a track on which last year he took his first Moto2 podium, taking third place.

Furthermore, for the Belgian rider the French Grand Prix is also his ‘home’ race; many fans will attend the event to support him over the weekend: a further big motivation for Xavier, who wants to move up the overall standings, where he currently occupies the seventh position.

Fresh from a dislocated right shoulder following the Spanish Grand Prix fall, Lorenzo Baldassarri will try his maximum to collect his first points in Moto2 after an unlucky start to the season, in which he has not yet managed to convert into points the good performance shown so far.

Xavier Simeon
“We head to Le Mans with all we need to get a good result: the bike is working very well, I feel very comfortable with the team and in addition I like the track a lot. We are in great shape and we are in a charge, although of course we will have to keep an eye on the weather forecasts, which predict rain over the weekend. The goal is to fight for the top positions, so we’ll try to do a good job during practice in order to be prepared for the race. Last year I got my first podium in Moto2 in Le Mans: a good memory, to which I hope to add more”.

Lorenzo Baldassarri
“In these days, along with my physiotherapist, I did an excellent rehab work on my right shoulder, so I think I will be fully fit this weekend while riding. I just hope to have the necessary strength, because I had to rest the right arm for a few days. I like the track a lot, especially for the hard braking points, in fact last year I was able to set some good lap times also with the Moto3. We will begin the first practice with the set-up used during the the race in Jerez, then we will make some adjustments if necessary: we must still try to find more quickly a good set-up for the race”.

Federal Oil Gresini Press Release

Related Post