Monday, May 21, 2012

Bad Luck Le Mans for Luis Salom and Brad Binder

Brad Binder Le Mans 2012

Bad luck stroke RW Racing GP in the French Grand Prix. After Brad Binder made a mistake in the first lap, Luis Salom crashed in the fifteenth lap due to an engine failure, possibly caused by the very wet circumstances. The conditions at Le Mans were horrible after heavy rain had drenched the track.

Luis Salom
I am very disappointed. I felt so safe in the rain and everything was going so easy. I felt really comfortable in second place and I knew I would be able to fight for the victory. And then all of a sudden the bike seemed to stop. We don’t know yet for sure, but we think it was an electrical failure due to the water. I dropped back but got it running again and I tried to pick up the pace again to get back to the front. But in the far end of the track the bike misfired again and I lost the rear. There was nothing I could do.

Brad Binder
It’s a shame to crash in only the third turn. My start was good and I just was a bit too anxious. That was a mistake. I’d like to apologize to Niklas Ajo for taking him down. Luckily nobody was hurt.

Team manager Johan Stigefelt: 
If there was a change to win a race, it was this one. Once again Luis has showen he is a top rider and has the potential to win races. Therefore we are pretty upset we didn’t take any points home. Fortunately our nearest rivals did not either, except for Cortese. We just have to carry on to Barcelona and work together with Kalex and KTM to have an even better bike

RW Racing Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here

Related Post