Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Alvaro Bautista Wants to Finish Laguna Seca Race

Alvaro Bautista Mugello 2012

Alvaro Bautista ready to take a positive result at Laguna Seca circuit this weekend after a good result on the Mugello test event. Alvaro Bautista never take Laguna Seca's finish line since his promotion to MotoGP class.

Bautista said, "Mugello was a difficult weekend for us. I was desperate to perform well in the team's home race, especially with the livery going back to white, but unfortunately we had a lot of problems using the hard tyre and that prevented us from finding a set-up that we liked. I never managed to find a good feeling with the bike so wasn't able to push it or myself to the limit."

He continue, "Since returning home I have been working hard on my physical fitness and I went down to Albacete to watch the Spanish Championship race. Now I want to rediscover the pace and feeling for my bike that I had before Mugello. It would be nice to have a 'normal' weekend so that we can work on maximising our potential and being as competitive as we have been in the last few races. A good result would set us up for the next few weeks and also put some bad memories to bed for me in MotoGP at Laguna because I have yet to actually finish a race there."

He added, "Laguna Seca is a difficult circuit with dramatic elevation changes and blind corners where you have to anticipate the entry point in order to get the best line. It is important to have a good setting on the bike otherwise your job on the track gets much more difficult. There is a wonderful and unique ambience there with there only being the MotoGP class and the atmosphere created by the American fans is fantastic."

Honda Gresini Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Related Post