Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Corti and Edwards in the points at Sepang

Colin Edwards MotoGP Sepang 2013

Claudio Corti finishes in 13th place after starting the race in 14th, losing 6 positions in the first few laps due to a mistake that almost caused him to crash.  The Italian then concentrated in regaining positions but did not manage to have the race pace he expected. Corti looks forward to the Philip Island race and to improving this weekend’s results.

Colin Edwards jumped the start and performed the mandatory ride through during lap 4 rejoining the race in 23rd place. The Texas Tornado then initiated a remarkable comeback and crossed the finish line in 15th position, taking one point for the team. The American rider showed a very consistent race pace of 2´04.4s, and if had it not been for the jump-start, could have probably finished the race as Top CRT at Sepang.

The 16th round of the season will take place next week at Philip Island.

Claudio Corti
“It has been a hard race, I had a good start but on the second lap while trying to overtake Hernandez I lost the front in turn 7 and I lost the feeling with the bike on braking. I feel I could have done better, I was not expecting to have a race pace of high 2´05s and low 2´06s, I was expecting to be a bit faster. Throughout the race the chatter got accentuated with the heat causing me to lose feeling on braking on entering the turn. I have finished in 13th position, taking some points, I feel I could have been battling with Aoyama but all in all I am happy because I have never been really performing at this track. We now go next to Australia more motivated than ever to improve our results.”

Colin Edwards
“First time I have ever jumped the start which is why you just don’t jump the start, because it’s stupid. I don’t know what happened, I think I blinked, I was ready to go, I blinked and I flinched.  Anyways, I came in and did my ride through and from that point on I just put my head down and give it everything I had. Once I got behind Barbera and Petrucci I got going. On the last corner Petrucci ran a little deep and I got under him and I got a point. I had a good race pace and it’s really disappointing thinking that I could have been top CRT today by looking at the lap times. It is probably the best race I’ve had here, we had the bike working good.  Thanks to my team, they have worked really hard this weekend to get the electronics and chassis right. I’m looking forward to going to Australia and not jumping the start.”

NGM Forward Racing Press Release

Related Post